By registering for access to PSID public release data, the User agrees that they will:
- Make no attempts to identify study participants;
- Report immediately to the PSID at email@example.com any disclosure of study participant identity as well as any discovery of flaws or errors in the data or documentation files;
- Not transfer PSID public data to any third party other than staff or students for whom you are directly responsible except as indicated below. Co-investigators and persons not under the direct supervision of another researcher are required to register separately in order to obtain access to PSID public data;
- Not allow others to use your username and password to access this site;
- Certify the destruction of any downloaded public data file as well as any data files derived from the downloaded file when requested to do so by the PSID;
- Notify the PSID through use of the update function (must be logged in) provided at this site or by electronic mail directed to firstname.lastname@example.org of changes in your electronic mail address or organizational affiliation;
- Include the following citation in any research reports, papers, or publications based on the data:
"Panel Study of Income Dynamics, public use dataset [restricted use data, if appropriate]. Produced and distributed by the Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (year data were downloaded)";
Provide information regarding publications based on PSID data by emailing us the full citation at email@example.com.
Effective May 25, 2008, anyone submitting an application, proposal, or progress report to the NIH
must include the PubMed Central reference number (PMCID) or NIH Manuscript Submission
reference number when citing applicable articles that arise from their NIH funded
research: http://publicaccess.nih.gov/citation_methods.htm. In consideration of this policy, PSID
requests that all journal articles based on analysis of PSID data or its supplements (either public
or restricted-use) receive a PubMed Central reference number (PMCID). Journal articles must be
submitted to PubMed Central to receive a PMCID. The method of PubMed Central submission and
Investigator responsibility for submission depend on the journal and its publisher:
Some journals automatically submit published articles to PubMed
Some journal publishers may submit the articles to PubMed Central automatically or
upon request by the author: http://publicaccess.nih.gov/select_deposit_publishers.htm#b.
If neither the journal nor the journal publisher will submit the article to PubMed
Central, the Investigator will be responsible for the submission. For detailed instructions
on the process of submitting a journal article to PubMed Central, please see the NIH
Researchers with PSID restricted-use contracts should include PMCIDs in their list of PSID
publications submitted in biennial reports.
Researchers using PSID public-use data should send citations based on PSID publications you
have authored which have PMCIDs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Redistribution to third parties. A number of requests have been received concerning redistribution of PSID public data files to third parties. Data libraries and archiving institutions are permitted to redistribute PSID public release files under the following restrictions:
- They must inform the PSID of their plans at email@example.com;
Third parties to whom the data files are distributed must be affiliated with the distributor's institution or organization.
An authorized representative of the data library or archive and all third party recipients of such data must personally complete the user registration form.
- Procedures must be in place to ensure that these restrictions are fulfilled.
|Once you have completed the registration process, your username and password will be sent to you, via electronic mail, for your use only.